Creating your own business cards is a great way to express yourself and promote your brand and business in critical person-to-person networking environments. Following a few simple dos and don’ts will help you make a card that creates a lasting professional impression that can lead to exciting new business opportunities.
- Have a hi-res logo that’s a clean design
- Use a design for your card that’s consistent with your website and literature
- Include important contact information like address, cell, website
- List your social media handles
- Utilize the back of the card as an opportunity to sell yourself
- Consider a QR code to drive potential customers to your website
- Have a design that stands out – it’s an advertisement of you, your company and your brand
- Use a low resolution logo
- Have copy run over your logo
- List too many contact methods
- Put your contact information on the back
- Use ornate, hard to read fonts
- Use too many distracting colors
- Be too plain with the design or you won’t stand out and be remembered
The Brother CreativeCenter™ Business Center offers a wide variety of customizable templates for almost any industry to get you headed in the right direction as you design your own business cards.